AuthenTechnologies® is now part of NSF International, a global independent public health and safety organization that provides testing, auditing, certification and consulting services for many sectors, including companies in the dietary supplement, natural product, food and seafood industries. They are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI.
NSF International is a global leader in dietary supplement and food safety and being part of a larger business means we’ll now be able to provide added support to clients located around the world. It also means our clients have access to services from NSF, which has more than 70 years of product testing, auditing and certification expertise.
These services include:
- Dietary supplement testing and certification. (NSF International wrote the only accredited American National Standard (NSF/ANSI 173) for Dietary Supplements and tests certifies products to this standard.)
- Additional testing from NSF’s ISO 17025-accredited laboratories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America.
- Consulting, auditing, GMP and GLP testing, certification, R&D and regulatory guidance for the pharma/bio and natural products/cosmetics industries.
- Accredited food safety and quality services across all supply chain sectors, from agriculture, produce, processing, distribution and dairy, to seafood, retail and restaurants. This includes supply chain verification and certification to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), food fraud prevention, organic food certification, and specialty food verification and certification (including Non-GMO and gluten-free).
- Auditing capability in more than 160 countries.
While we will now operate under a new name – NSF AuthenTechnologies® – our clients continue to receive the same high level of service.
Our history and capabilities
NSF AuthenTechnologies® was launched in 2010 as the premier provider of DNA-based species identification services. Our mission is to apply innovative genetic technologies to improve the authenticity, safety, and quality of natural products, from living and dried raw materials to supplements, foods, and pharmaceuticals. We strive to deliver the highest-quality, efficient and effective solutions based on the most cutting-edge science to solve the challenges of our diverse clientele.
NSF AuthenTechnologies® has forged valuable collaborations with some of the nation’s top universities and governmental organizations. NSF AuthenTechnologies® is committed to the highest quality services and products in the industry, following ISO/IEC 17025 standards and compliant with all FDA Good Manufacturing Practice requirements, with a customer-centered approach.
From its headquarters in the biotech hub of the San Francisco Bay Area, NSF AuthenTechnologies® tests your samples at their top of the line facility in Petaluma, California. This facility features the latest in DNA technology as well as a dedicated staff that allows us to adhere to our strict quality standards.